Friday, September 21, 2007

My students ROCK!!!


L to R - Jeremy Brown, Sharonda Pearsall and Zack Hightower in BCTC's BLESSED ASSURANCE
Ok, so I'm really proud of all these students. Sharonda is up at NKU continuing her Theatre studies (at a damn fine program, I might add). And Jeremy Brown and Zack Hightower both received great kudos and special mention in the local media this week for shows they are involved in. Jeremy for AGL's production of MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM
(http://www.kentucky.com/182/story/178879.html) and Zack in Studio Playa's SHAKESPEARE IN HOLLYWOOD
Truthfully, it really makes me feel good about what I do when I read things like this. (It also plays into the greater mission of my program to get them out working in the community, not just in the school productions) They are two very talented young men, and I got lots more like 'em (men and women) in my program who I'm equally proud of. If you wanna see evidence of this, come check out THE NIGHT THOREAU SPENT IN JAIL at the DAC in November!
So if you're in the area, go see both of these shows and enjoy some great, new talent onstage. And if you go see MA RAINEY you just might catch a glimpse of an overweight, cigar chomping, crusty ole' white dude who still has some juice left his own self!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seen Ma Rainey and plan to See Shakes In Hollywood. Anyone who reads the theatre site knows how great I think Ma Rainey is and Jeremy is such a talent. He's terrific in the show. I taught screenwriting for a week at BCTC and Zach wrote the beginnings of an interesting, character eccentric screenplay that I found most entertaining. Hopefully, he'll keep working on it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chuck. Let me know how you like SHAKES, as it runs alongside MA and I won't get to see it.

SweetBrier Scraps said...

Jeremy kicked ASS in Ma Rainey! Saw it on Sunday's pay what you can and just LOVED it. Jeremy kept my attention the entire time he was on stage, I just couldn't stop lookin at him - well done to Jeremy!

bond571 said...

Tim..I just want to say what a good guy you are and how you play fair on both sites with your posts, good for you! and thanks..

Zack H. said...

Thank you Tim, that means alot.
...
Anonymous :)

Zack H. said...

Alright, well it had my name on there... now I feel stupid, as if you didn't know who it was anyways...
...
So... Heroes is going well
...
(Awkwardly sits)