Friday, September 02, 2005

KATRINA BENEFIT

Greetings all. Actors Guild of Lexington in conjunction with the Lexington Arts Council is in the planning stages of a fund raising event to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf South. I have been asked to be the point person for this event, and I would like to enlist the aid of the ENTIRE Lexington Theatre and Arts communities. Rick, Jim Clark and I plan to meet next week to begin planning this event, and I need YOUR input AND support! If you have any ideas, please send them to my private email at woundedeagle8@yahoo.com. As I've mentioned before, the Gulf region is very close to my heart. I would love to make this an event to remember, and it would be great to see our wonderful, large community of artists come together for this very necessary cause. Let me hear from you!

And for all you DIVAS, please keep posting info on any of our brothers and sisters in the area!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock, Timx.

I don't know what I can do from here....except help in my own way from here....but I am proud to know you friend.

I know every bit will help.

Anonymous said...

Tim, count me with Laurie in being proud to call you a friend. Needless to say, whatever I can do for you logistically, I will. I am at your service for this very worthy cause.

timxx said...

From Brady McKeller:

Elsa and I are fine and well in Mobile, AL.

We were trying to figure out some way to help out in New Orleans and the Coast, even though we can't get into the areas, so we set up Support Katrina Relief. We found a company that would donate red, white and blue "Support Katrina Relief" bracelets (ala "Livestrong") So, with a 5$ contribution that goes directly into a Red Cross Account, you can be the first on your block to have one. You can go here and check out the website: www.supportkatrinarelief.com

Search Engines won't pick up the stire for several weeks, so we are trying to get the word out as far as possible, as soon as possible. Every little bit helps guys. Check it out, and help us spread the word!!

Brady

__________________________________________________

Anonymous said...

From Mitchell Moore:

I am alive, and my house is still standing but that is it. We have no power, water or phones. I live in Jackson, so if it is this bad (and is is awful) this far norht, I know H'burg and south is worse, much worse. The problem in Jackson is fuel. Those stations that have fuel have no power to pump it, and those that have power have been out of fuel for a couple of days or more. When a new station comes on, the gaslines start, and they run out that day. It is horrible down here. But I am alive.

Love you all, some more than others.

Mitchell

Anonymous said...

From Canady:

Hey,
Glen Matthew's family is fine and he has gone to help with getting them back on their feet...

Great news indeed!
-X

Anonymous said...

Is there anywhere in Lexington taking donations yet for the refugees??? My sister in Austin said donations there are awe inspiring...surely we can do the same here.

Anonymous said...

Scott-
call me this afternoon between 1 and 2pm eastern if you can. I'd like to discuss this. You have my office #
-x