Friday, April 14, 2006

A Plea to all theatre brethren...and...sistren....

Hey ya'll...as many of you know I'm finishing up a run of COLORED MUSEUM at KSU this weekend. Our Thursday night house was really good and the show went well, but tonight's house was small and many of my kids were down (it being Easter weekend- unfortunately, as many of you in academia know, we have very little conrtrol over scheduling in these venues...)
Anyhoo...if any of you are interested in seeing a fun show tomorrow on me, come out and support us. I have 4 seniors in the cast and would hate for them to go out with a tiny crowd...and yes, I know the size of the crowd is not the important thing, but it would mean alot to my kids...
SO...if you're game, holler at me on this here blog. The show is on the kSU campus in Frankfort, and it starts at 8 pm tomorrow.
Thanks,
x

6 comments:

ReverendEddie said...

I wish I could make it. We are cutting it close over at the DAC. I'm sending out whatever good vibes I can muster.

The Drama Mama said...

Sorry we couldn't make it. We didn't think the little one would sit through it. We wish you all the best, though!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer, X, but I had a Bats gig that night. Small houses are disheartening, for sure. Hope you had a decent crowd.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was much better Sat. night. A good sized and very lively crowd...so we went out with a nice little bang.

Anonymous said...

Hey kids!
Great seeing everyone last week!!

Joy and X- So nice to see you both..I wish I had gotten more time to talk with you all. I loved the cutie-boy..."pretty pretty pretty!!"

Chris- good to hang with you as always...great to see u and let me know how auditions go...Break a femur

Shaynebaby- I LOVE YOU!!! Shoooweee, we did do some damge to the old Makers didn't we? I loved seeing you and the dashing Erik.

Missy- Great to see you and I so wish I could see u and the ladies at Natasha's- tellthem all Isaid hi.

Erin and Tuttle- Been WAY WAY too long. Great to get to see ya'll and I wish u guys the best and Mike...don't tell anyone..but my contract with Telemundo is up next month and I am in negotiations with them to up my part on El Corozon de Fuego!!

And Ms Alicia and Jay and Adrain-
I love you all very much...I want Adrain to know his Aunt Laurie and it drives me batty that I am not in Lex!!!!!!!!!!

I want to come home!!!

I feel I am on another planet here in FL. Matt and I discussed it..but it may be a while..there is a precious little girl to consider in the mix.

So thanks to all who came out...and for those that couldn't make it..maybe next time. I still miss your asses.

ReverendEddie said...

Laurie, sorry I missed you. I've been a tad bit busy lately. Hope you come around again soon!