Friday, April 27, 2007

DIVA NEWS!!!!


For all my USM bros and sisters, here's the DIVA MASTER'S latest and greatest! AND...while I GOT YOU HERE (heh heh) , how's about some comments on this topic? WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS SUMMER??? (Lex folk and regular posters, feel free to chime in on this as well, and to greet any and all USM Divas new to the blog-o-sphere!)


The DIVA NEWSLETTER!!!
"Bakery-fresh. Thought-provoking. Sexy-hot."

Scott Stinson is now working for Trustmark National Bank's Training Department in Jackson, MS.

Check out Wendy O.'s Yoga website! www.divinesparkyoga.com

Bart Noggle is currently in a production at the Dallas Hub Theatre of "Top Gun, the Musical" playing the role of Iceman. After that closes he will be playing Oberon from Midsummer.

Check out Chris Walrath's myspace page! http://www.myspace.com/capatolaprods

Canady (Vance) Thomas gave birth to little girl Klein Addison Thomas just last week. Congrats!

FROM JOHNNY MOORE..............................

Hello Divas,My movie "Glorious Mail" that I co-wrote and directed will be screening this Sunday in Birmingham, AL at the BirminghamSHOUT! GAy + Lesbian Film Festival at the WorkPlay Soundstage at 5:00 P.M. Please let anyone you know in that area about the screening. It's a very funny movie and we won 2nd Best Feature last weekend at the 2007 Appalachian Film Festival in Huntington, WV and we hope to have a big turn out for our Gay festival premiere this weekend. Birmingham is billing it as a World Premiere, even though it is not, technically -- They don't know yet that we had sex with a straight festival last weekend... it's a long story and I will blog about it later. Also, check out the link below for my first interview about the movie with the local film critic in Huntingon. Hope y'all have a divalicious weekend and hope to see some of you at the screening!!http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/070423-rutheford-box.html



FROM FREDDIE.............................

I am participating in a panel discussion on Sunday, April 29 at City Theatre of Pittsburgh. The panel is called "State of Play" and it is about the state of new play development in the American theatre. Other panelists include Diane Rodriguez (Mark Taper Forum), Tracy Brigden (A.D. of City Theatre), Seth Gordon (Cleveland Play House), Ted Pappas (A.D. of Pittsburgh Public Theatre), Howard Shalwitz (A.D. of Woolly Mammoth Theatre). I am also in rehearsals for Camelot at the Aurora Theatre, which will be the inaugural production in their new space and will direct a concert version of Oklahoma there this summer. In August, I break away from Golden Age musicals to direct Dark Play or Stories for Boys at Actor's Express.

The Fantasticks directed by Daryl W. Phillipy and Set Design by D. David Murphy opened on April 24 and closed April 26. This is Daryl’s last production at Southern Arkansas University. Daryl will be heading to New York City this June to participate in The Teachers Development Program at The Actor’s Center.
Daryl says,
" I will be studying with nationally and internationally known artists and teachers:
Christopher Bayes, Head of Physical Acting, Yale School of Drama
Slava Dolgachev, Artistic Director, New Theatre of Moscow
William Esper, Director of Actor Training, Rutgers University
J. Michael Miller, Founder, Tisch School of the Arts
Ron Van Lieu, Chair of the Acting Program, Yale School of Drama
This is a two week marathon-immersion acting class experience. I also recently completed a weekend intensive with Shakespeare & Company. I’m also looking forward to moving to Rock Hill, SC and buying a house. I start at Winthrop University in August."

FROM HEATHER ROEBUCK......................................

Here's an update on the film, Change 29, that I worked on.We've finished shooting the film and we are now in post. We shot about 600 hours in 5 days, with 3 cameras running almost all the time. We filmed mostly at the Gulfport Dragway on a very busy race weekend. It was totally crazy. I drove down the day before shooting the first weekend thinking I would be the production manager and running a camera when needed but ended up being the emergency assistant director due to the fact the original AD was stuck in Atlanta. Kinda funny when you think about it since I hadn't read the script and totally sucked at directing when I took George's class. In fact, I ended up working as the AD, a camera operator, the production manager, a grip, a boom operator, oh, and an actor. I had two whole lines! Can't wait to see how that turned out. Or if he keeps it in the film. I did a few other things but who knows if I will be billed for them. I don't care either way. We were under a lot of time restraints but we pulled it off. Shawn, the director is in the process of editing and looking for music for the soundtrack. Change 29 is slated to be released in November 2007, but may be later if we are accepted into Sundance. So cross your fingers for us. I created a small, quick video with some behind the scenes footage if anyone is interested in viewing it. And I'm also leaving a link for some pictures that was taken over the 5 days of shooting and the film's myspace page if you want to keep up with what is going on. I will give everyone a heads up on things as I get them. http://www2.blogger.com/http://www2.blogger.com/filmseyehttp://www.myspace.com/genofeveentertainment



In other news...somewhere, right now...Ben Craven is gettin' laid


AND YOU'RE NOT.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey all- don't know why the links aren't working (at least not on my computer) I'll try and solve the error, in the meantime try cutting and pasting. They're all cool links!

Filmseye said...

Yeah. I hate it when it does that. I have the hardest time on Myspace at times.
The links that are listed for my news aren't even written correctly so I will repost them and see what happens. The small little video I did (very quickly) is also on the film's myspace page, so I won't bother reposting that link. Just cut and paste these and that should do the trick....hopefully.

picasaweb.google.com/filmseye/Change29

www.myspace.com/genofeveentertainment

Anonymous said...

ool, Heather. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

uuummm,...I mean COOL...

Anonymous said...

Hey Divas!
Betsy Henderson and hubby David (himself a board member of BURNING COAL, my bro's theatre in Raleigh, NC) report the birth of Jackson McNeill "Mac" Henderson,last Thursday April 26th at 6:52 am. (Shakespeare's birthday, I do believe. God- 2 actors for parents and born on the Bard's bday? Does the kid even have a chance of not being onstage?)
Send Bets lots of wekk wishes and also- drop me a post here to let me know what newbies are coming to Blogland...

Anonymous said...

uhh...I mean WELL wishes...not wekk wishes...

Anonymous said...

Sorry I lacked the energy (from the funk...I imagine) to say thank you to all of u. Your resonses in the BIG FUNK were very lovely. It is much appreciated. And D$ was right, it has given me a burst of positivity.

Gracias again, my darlings

bond571 said...

you are indeed welcome and I am glad that thread is done...it was funky