Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon..."


So I'm watching the CNN/ You tube debates last night (you know, where the Dems were lined up and answered questions sent by you-tubers, whilst Anderson Cooper moderated) and damned if halfway through I don;t see a question from THESE bozos! "Jackie Broyle" and "Dunlap" (l to r) who asked basically was all the talk about Al Gore getting in the race "hurtin their feelings?" I damn near soiled myself, cause you see "Jackie" and "Dunlap" are actually Travis and Jonathon, two very old friends of mine from HS and undergrad. The whole auditorium cracked up, except Joe Biden, who I THINK thought they were serious! AND they namechecked my old hood "Murfreesboro, TN"! Glad to see some old homies making the national scene...it does my heart proud, Both these gentlemen are actually grade A actors, and I've been involved in many a show with them. Actually, in an ironic twist, they BOTH played the role of Cole in KEELY AND DU, with a Davis rother in the directing chair (Travis for me at MTSU, and Jonathon for my bro Jerry in Cape Cod). Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know these fools knew each other, much less had an
act". Check out their website for some really funny shite! (Some of you will especially love the "Ray Stevens/Rick Rubin mockumentary!) http://www.travisandjonathan.com/
So good on ya, Travis and Jonathon...you've made our little hamlet in the boro proud! And if you guys wind up with an HBO show in a few years I WANT A PART!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap!!!!I knew I should have caught the debate. I knew Trav was doing this show on the web, Brucie told me about it. It is supposed to be some of the funniest stuff. Nothing, though, will ever top Trav's role in Dennis DeYoung's N'ville prod of Hunchback of Notre Dame!! It really happened!

Anonymous said...

I know!

I've been watching the RS update all year now, and it is damn funny stuff! Trav emailed me yesterday and said it's "scary" the kind of offers they've been getting out of this appearence...so stay tuned!

DIVA MASTER said...

The Charlie Daniels Band- Long Haired Country Boy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Millsy,
Got an email from Aja- she says HEY!
Oh...and 3000 points for the reference...

DIVA MASTER said...

Hey X

I've been having e-mail trouble lately. Try to send me some e-mail when you get a chance.

What happened to Aja? She disappeared!

Anonymous said...

Do Travis and jonathon have been on CNN American morning TWICE in the past 5 days ! Holy crap!

Anonymous said...

Hey Millsy!
A guy came to WORKING last night becasue Juniper Rapier (sp?) had told him about it! For those who may not see the weirdness in this, Juniper lives in Jackson MS and found out about WORKING through the DIva newsletter!
Thanks, Mllsy!

DIVA MASTER said...

My pleasure!

d$ said...

Jonathan Shockley and Travis....? the extreme drunk? Jonathon did a lot of that redneck stuff with James Brown and Lance in short film format. And Travis had a really very funny short film back in the day The Pizza Cutter Massacre w/ a sock monkey as the killer. Pure brilliance.

Didn't Shockley play Eugene Jerome to your Sgt. Toomey?

Both these guys were always extremely funny. Travis is quite talented did you ever hear his band Holzclaw (named after the Tennessee women's basketball holzclaw) They were quite hip in hte Nashville music scene in the late 90's and early 2000's

Anonymous said...

I saw them on Myspace- I was wondering if that was Travis. And I was totally around for PIZZA MASACRE- may have even been in it- very hazy time...

..and yes, the boy COULD drink!

DrDave said...

These guys are a RIOT. I was hurting with laughter on their web sight until I watched the Brokeback Mountain episode. Then I hurled and had to go lay down for a while. Way too realistic. Thanks, X, for that. My therapist will be sending you the bill.

On another topic, I have yet to see or hear you in the Kiss Me Kate audience. Two more weekends.

Anonymous said...

I;m gonna try to get there next week.