Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"This is my story..."

DATELINE LEXINGTON!
Join Bluegrass Community and Technical College
in partnership with Actor’s Guild of Lexington as it makes its
Theatrical début with the Kentucky premier of Laddy Sartin's BLESSED ASSURANCE.
April 4th and 5th at 8:00 PM in the Downtown Arts Center, Lexington.
Tickets: 859-225-0370
BCTC students, faculty, and staff- $4.00
General Public- $10.00
A reception for playwright Laddy Sartin will be held Thursday, April 5th at
7:00 PM in the reception area of the Downtown Arts Center.

It would mean a great deal to me if one and all could come this new endeavor. We have put a lot of work into getting this baby off the ground, and we really need support. The idea behind this Theatre program is to not only serve the BCTC student popualation, but to serve as another perfoming group for the Lexington community. We have big plans afoot, and are really looking forward to a great kickoff with this premiere production. A special thanks to the folks at AGL and Lexarts for all their help and support.
So please spread the word and come check out what we've got in store for you. We have a great cast and a dynamite production crew. I think you'll be glad you did!


...feel free to use up valuable bandwidth with well wishes and good karma!

...and 1,000 points for the obvious reference (unless you're a heathen!)

24 comments:

Lazymom said...

"This is my song....."


Let me be the first to send out my PRAYERS and THOUGHTS and general good vibrations to you and your team.

The wolverine and I appreciate all your hard work. The measure of a man truly is his love and devotion to his family and friends, and yours is unquestionably absolute.
I feel a special blessing in knowing the man you really are. In seeing how you not only create beauty onstage, but in our life together.

Break a leg. All my love.

Anonymous said...

Tim, This is awesome, I'm glad that everything has come together for this inaugural production! Congratulations...I'm looking forward to it!

Bob

bond571 said...

break a leg and the first post is most beautiful...

Anonymous said...

My wife is pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Break a leg, X! If anyone can wrangle a whole new theatre program together, it's you -- and you're gonna have a great show to prove it. I look forward to meeting your cast and crew Monday and contributing whatever I can.

Lazymom said...

Perhaps Natalie can offer a Stage Managing 101 class!!!!

DIVA MASTER said...

Break a leg!

The Drama Mama said...

Congrats, X! Break a leg!

P.S.
I knew the song reference this time. That's what I get for growing up as a preacher's kid. :)

melinda said...

Yes to above...it's the only song reference I think I've ever known ;)

This sounds so cool and we're proud of you too! Break a leg!

Mike said...

Hell, I thought this was Eminem!

"I'd like to share a story, this is my story and can't no body tell it for me"

bond571 said...

yes...Blessèd assurance...1873

Anonymous said...

"Hell, I thought this was Eminem"

Not on my blog, sparky!

Anonymous said...

Hang 'em high, honcho, and I'll do my best to be there.

Big doin's in this here town!

Anonymous said...

Check out the awesome article in the Hearld Leader courtesy of Candace Chaney!
http://www.kentucky.com/126/story/31532.html

ps- Well, I got ONE of my two final teams right!

Anonymous said...

Nice article, X. I'll be there Wednesday night to see Sharonda. She's a talented young woman!

Anonymous said...

You the man, D!

Anonymous said...

Had a GREAT opening night! A sold out house (packed with students, college officials, faculty, and some of Lexington Theatre's finest!) a smooth-running show, and a big standing O at the end! Thanks to all who came to help make the BCTC opening night a great success!
TONIGHT- round two, including a 7pm reception for playwright Laddy Sartin. Come on out and join the festivities...eat some snacks, chat with a playwright, see some great young local talen...HELL, help us strike!!!
See you at the theatre...

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON MONEY!
GOLDEN EAGLE/BLUE RAIDERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tim, congratulations on the great opening night. I enjoyed the show, great job to all involved.

D$, we've never met, but congratulations, and all the best to you.

bob

bond571 said...

Billy D.is staying at FL

Anonymous said...

X,
Arrghh, I can't come to see your fab show after all. Unexpectedly leaving town for a few days, and I've got too damn much to do to get ready and farm out my poodles.
Congrats on what sounds like a fine first show, and here's to many more to come. And by the way, thanks for saving us a sh*tload of work at Tartuffe strike!

The Drama Mama said...

Heard the show was great, X! Congrats!

P.S.
Billy Gillispie was hired as Kentucky's sixth coach in the last 76 years on Friday.

bond571 said...

it's a better billy, I am so excited...and sounds like he is too!
why do I have to make a new account every time I post now...what's up?

Anonymous said...

No idea...it's nothing I've done...anyone else having this problem?