Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I'm so glad we had this time together..."


Boy this one breaks my heart too!


Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday. He was 81.
Korman died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said. He had undergone several major operations.
"He was a brilliant comedian and a brilliant father," daughter Kate Korman said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "He had a very good sense of humor in real life. "




Korman was a brilliant comedian. I adored watching him on Carol Burnett over the years (and learned a damn site about comedy and timing in the process). One of my undergrad professors used to refer to me as HARVEY due to my propensity to crack up during a particularly funny moment early in my stage life. His work, particularly as ED in the early MAMA skits, was absolutely flawless. Just watch he and Carol at work here:



I've said it before, but one of the hardest things about growing older is watching those you learned from and respected pass on. But Harvey lived 81 years, and that' s a pretty good stretch in my eyes.


RIP Mr. Korman... we'll miss you...and when you're in that great variety show in the sky, try to keep a straight face!


Any memories of Harvey? Let me hear em.

3 comments:

DIVA MASTER said...

Korman was one of the greats for sure. Always engaging in anything he did. A mentor through the television airways and moviehouses. RIP.

Mike said...

(The setup...)

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." ...

Lazymom said...

"Soooooorrrrryyyyyy!!!!"