Thursday, May 08, 2008

"we can't even think of a word that rhymes..."

Hey all- it's been awhile. I've found it increasingly hard to have time to keep posting, but now that Summer's here, I get a bit of a break, and may be able to keep this thing updated.
Soooo...school's out for me, and for the first time in a long time 'm not teaching Summer courses. Just hanging at the house doing my daily rendition of DADDY DAY CARE, and I'm pleased to say I'll be doing a role in Eqqus run's MERRY WIVES (more on that in a later post). There are, of course, lots of things in the planning stages for the job next year (the main one being DON'T GET AXED BECAUSE OF BUDGET CUTS- though there is scant little I can do about that) and me and the Missus are hoping to travel SOMEWHERE (even if only to...Tennessee! Seems that's about all we can afford lately) . I'll also be in my good friend Darren's wedding in late July, so still lots going on.

So, tell me- what's lined up for YOUR Summer? Spare me no details...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of reading and writing. A couple of screenplays I want to get on, as well as a play and I just got the seventh and latest book in Colleen McCullough's "First Man In Rome" series. Would like to explore some theatre outside the environs of Central Kentucky.

laurielou said...

I shall be incubating, hopefully being blessed with assistance from family n friends regarding twin needs...(I need help!!!!) and giving birth....whoa

that last one made me lightheaded...

SweetBrier Scraps said...

Going to DisneyWorld! Taking the babies on their first trip to the world in July. It's gonna be hot as hell, but we will make the most of it and have a good time. Don't know when we will be able to take another vacation, so we gotta get it while we can!

Mike said...

Well, I would love to do that thing in South America this summer. But, they say I need to do more therapy and the hormone treatments first.

Maybe next year. In Jerusalem!

Lazymom said...

Work a little.
Play catch up with post baby finances.
Play with the kiddies.
Drink some magueritas with you and a friends.

d$ said...

Well I'm working on CreateCarolina a Southern Fried Film and Arts Festival which we are hosting here at Winthrop. doing a short play festival this wekend. Doing a staged reading of God's Man in Texas. Teaching a Art as Social Commentary class. I'm taking part in the Meisner Certification Program with Larry Silverberg in St.Petersburg FL.Doing a lot of yard work and hopefully just relaxing.

Peace,
D$