Thursday, May 15, 2008

"...we'll go dancing in the dark..."


This weekend down in M'boro, my Alma mater is having a Theatre Dept reunion. I missed the last one and TONS of my old friends showed. I really regretted it. Unfortunately, I will also have to miss this one. Some of the folks I know will be there I haven't seen in over 15 years. Bummer, as I'd really like the opportunity to catch up. My undergrad friends are an interesting lot. Like many Theatre folk who go to grad school, I think my Grad friends have been closer to my heart and stayed connected to me in a much stronger way over the years. But there is definitely a special place in my heart for the folks of my misspent youth! I think of them fondly and often, even though we really aren't in one anothers lives at this point.


Life is funny...people come and go in and out of it so fast, sometimes you forget they were even there. But I believe we encounter everyone for a reason, and everyone, no matter how brief the stay in your life, leaves an impression. I miss those carefree days of my youth sometimes...and I'm thankful for them. They helped shape who I am today...


So here's to the MTSU Theatre program of yore...sorry I can't be with you guys in body this weekend, but I'm definitely there in spirit. Have a drink for me, and remember...if you drunken phone call me, do it before 10pm eastern, as I DO have kiddies in the house!


To any old alum who might be lurking, leave a post an introduce yourselves...we're a real nice bunch around here!

4 comments:

d$ said...

I miss you to X. Blue Raiders and Golden Eagles to the end.

Anonymous said...

You're the rarity, D- as we did undergrad AND grad together. Kinda like serving in two wars with the same comrade.
I miss you too, brother! Gimmie a holler and let me know all about this Meisner class. I may look into that myself for next year.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hate that you aren't going to be there. It's been TOO long. Damn.

Jen